Ideas influence our thoughts, which consequently direct our course of development. Quotes often summarize the ideas we live by. I will start compiling quotes, so that I may post them monthly. This will have the aim of accomplishing five goals:
- Enabling me to better remember what I have read/come across. 
- Saving future time, when having to do research. 
- Helping me understand what thoughts are currently influencing my actions. 
- Creating a jump off point for you, for times when you don’t know what you want to read. 
- Maintaining a consistent and higher flow of content on the website. 
Most of the quotes posted here are from recent books (depending on the month) I’ve read or am currently reading, occasionally including quotes from books I plan to read next.
1. Writing the information out better ingrains it in our minds.
2. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to flip through a book to find a piece of information… hopefully this helps me bring the number down to something recognizable – in turn saving me time. We all know the feeling of connecting two seemingly unrelated ideas together into a coherent form. The best part is when these clicks happen constantly in our minds after a certain accumulation of knowledge from various fields. My personalized index method, which I slightly modified from Ryan Holiday’s, serves to get these clicks out at a faster rate. It serves the same function as this quote compilation but it operates at a higher level of efficiency. You can learn more about it here.
3. Understanding why you do something is paramount to your success. If you know the why, you understand the tactic’s purpose and how it fits in your overall strategy.
4. Depending on your preferences you may find ideas that catch your eye and push you to do more research one month, while boring you the next. Hopefully it won’t be to much of a roller coaster – diversity will be key.
5. I will still be posting essays!